Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sierra Nevada Summerfest

by Jonathan Kosakow

Here's one we've all had before... or at least I hope so.  It's the standard summer beer of non-standard summer beers.  On the anniversary of the birth of our great nation (America), I decided to indulge in a six-pack.  Now, normally, I'd choose the beer meant for mass consumption, but on this particular day I decided to start off with a beer or two that tasted, well, good, before I started killing my liver and taste buds with the red, white, and blue Pabst Blue Ribbon.  
On a day such as this, with the sun out and the sand between my toes, it was a great choice.  It went down smoothly and was not too filling, but still had the flavor necessary to keep my attention.  There's not much else to say about it, to be honest: for those of who like beer, it's a standard.  Good flavor, nice texture, very drinkable.  Can't ask for much more than that.  

5.0% ABV

1 comment:

Beer Made Clear said...

I don't really know what to think of my experience with this beer last summer. The only noteworthy characteristic my cousin Phil and I could talk about was a mustard like taste. This left a bad zing in our mouths and I have little desire to drink it again. A friend of ours (Kevin "lets hand out with our wang out" Daily) had one too that night and apparently it was a little stale. By the sounds of it I need to give this a second shot because I really like the brewery.