Monday, June 23, 2008

JW Dundee's Honey Brown

Reviewed by: Jonathan Kosakow



I would not say this is the greatest beer I've ever had, nor does it fall under the broader category of "greatest beers I've had", but I do like it. I bought the twelve-pack only for the reason that I hadn't had a Honey Brown in a while, and it seemed like the right choice. Luckily, I was not wrong. Though a lager, it's on the lighter side, and goes down smoothly. To be honest, there's not much more to it than the obvious flavor of honey that accompanies each sip beyond the normal light-lager taste. If you're looking for something complex, this one's not for you, nor is it for you if you want something that'll fill you up after just one bottle. Sometimes, though, what you're looking for is a beer on the lighter side with a simple-yet-not-boring flavor, and that's what you get with a Honey Brown.

ABV: 4.5
Awards: 2004 World Beer Cup, Gold Medal, Special Honey Lager or Ale Category

No comments: